Friday, January 05, 2007

The stranger with no name

1
The secrets that my heart holds,
The tear that escapes my eye,
Why did I lose you ?
Why didnt I even try?

My dreams were like the twinkling stars
that faded away in the bright light of day,
But night fell again.
This time I hoped the stars will stay

As the early colors of dawn,
spread across the sky.
Your hand left mine,
as you waved goodbye.

A smile on your face,
and love in your heart.
My prayer for you came true,
as I watched you depart.

So what if the hand you hold is not mine,
my heart holds yours forever
So what if you are not aware of my love,
this secret i will treasure forever.

Sitting in the darkness,
i watched as you became,
The stranger I once loved.
The stranger with no name.

1 Response to The stranger with no name

Tuesday, 16 January, 2007

dil se teree nigaah jigar tak utar gayee
donoN ko ik adaa meiN razaamand kar gayee

-- Mirza Ghalib