Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Glass Full of Life ..

2
A night that sparkled with stars,
A rooftop that gossiped with the wind,
A glass full to the brim with life,
and the love and laughter of a friend.

I hang on to those days,
When I had not, a care in life.
The glass of life was all that mattered,
The wind in my ears didn't feel like a knife.

I still return to those moments at times,
I hang on to the rails and wonder.
Times like these I can feel them again.
The friends, the laughter and the thunder.

The times when it rained,
the heavens showered their love.
The times when I ran for life, and danced,
in the rain, in the love from above.

The times when I walked,
down the road, in the moonlight.
To comfort the friend, to convey my love.
to tell them to hang on, to hold on tight.

I wonder, if those days are gone,
or if I have just grown up.
I look around and see the waves,
the sparkling smiles, the clinking cups.

The moments are still here,
all I have to do is gaze around.
To wait for the nights to sprinkle their stars,
To hold on to the glass and paint the town.

~Neha

2 Response to A Glass Full of Life ..

Anonymous
Sunday, 10 August, 2008

Love from above will be showered soon, town will have a new color soon, keep gazing around...a glass full of life will be realised soon.

AV
Tuesday, 30 June, 2009

aww.. beautiful yet again.. and I hate growing up too.. its like things which came to us naturally when we were kids like joy and happiness, one needs to find them or wait for them patiently ..