Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On the crossroads of life ...

0
A beautiful city,
a sea of twinkiling lights,
The cobblestone roads,
The stranger I befriended that night.

It was twilight,
even as the stars showered charm,
A prayer of thanks escaped my lips,
as darkness spread its arms.

For the nights are my friends,
they welcome me as old mates do.
I can lose myself and cry,
No more pretences, only what's true.

Words I dare not speak,
for they are songs my heart sings,
The walls of laughter I have built,
to hide the pain that each day brings.

But then, there are times when I wonder,
if 'tis me that's being unfair,
Life brings smiles as well as tears,
All it takes to forget is a silent prayer.

So maybe I should follow,
what they say.
Keep my chin up, and smile
After all, life is a stray.

No Response to "On the crossroads of life ..."